Here’s the thing: for the next 4-5 months, I’m going to try and figure it out. I am so grateful to be able to take some time in my life (sans full time work – at least for now – yes, I AM so lucky!) to ask myself these Big Life Questions and Try New Things, and also SO SCARED to ask the questions and try the things. Maybe if I write it down…?
Here are some life paths and to do’s I am contemplating during my time off (all with a side of “slash highly successful novelist & TV writer,” obviously.):
- Become a Florist. (Note: This is current #1 as I am doing the flowers for one of my best friend’s weddings next September and CANNOT stop practicing + overspending at the LA Flower Market.)
- Become an Event Planner. Plan fantastic, mind-blowing creative arts and crafts conferences at v trendy boutique getaway locations (ie Joshua Tree House, Ojai Rancho Inn) where I meet every crafty person I have ever followed on instagram.
- Write a novel (OK, yes, am doing this now. But it still goes on the list because I’m not finished yet!)
- Keep my apartment clean for more than 1 day.
- Learn to macrame.
- Make a macrame wall hanging for our bedroom.
- Take one of those 5 minute storytelling class things.
- Perform my own stand up comedy routine without fear to a rapt audience and receive standing ovation.
- Sell my homemade candles at my own local farmer’s market stand.
- Come up with name for said local farmer’s market stand. Must be alliterative and involve puns + my name. (Grace’s Glamorous Garden? Can we do better?)
- Start a DIY empire that turns into my own HGTV show. Also must have alliterative and punny name.
- Volunteer at an organization I care about. Find passion, direction, and guidance through helping others.
- Cover apartment in flower garland string lights that provide warming ambiance.
- Grow a successful potted balcony garden feat. herbs and small vegetables.
- Learn to preserve flowers so they dry beautifully and crisply and can stay on my walls with their warm-ambiance-providing string lights forever.
- Learn the original Authentic Beyonce Choreography to a Beyonce song.
- Learn the names of all my favorite flowers.
- Learn to draw and/or paint with watercolors.
- Learn to bake healthy snacks.
- Learn French.
- Learn to surf.
- Learn how to go upside down in yoga + hold cool handstand poses.
- Successfully propagate a succulent.
- Publish a coffee table book.
- Get married (I’m working on it OK.)
- Plan my own wedding. (See #2. Baby steps?)
- Work in marketing?
Do YOU have ideas about what I should do with my life? Leave your answers in the comments! I am v open to feedback and suggestions!